Sunday, October 2, 2016

Just a quick note on Luke Cage so far

So, admittedly I am only halfway through the first season of Luke Cage.  Unless the quality drops off dramatically in the second half though, I think I can say that so far this is the best Netflix offering Marvel has put out there.  I really liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones.  I think David Tenant's Killgrave is one of the best villains I have ever seen.  But Luke Cage is the first of Marvel's Netflix shows to remember to make the hero both likable and relatable.  It makes more use of humor, while not going to the quip happy extremes the movies sometimes do.  But it is nice to lighten the mood now and then.  Daredevil had some points where the show almost became a drag because of how serious it was all the time.  The soundtrack has been pretty great.  There was at least one rap song I could have lived without, but I'm sure there are many who pick it as their favorite song in the show.  And I loved the Warriors reference made by Diamondback.  I am hoping this signals a slight shift in mood for the Netflix portion of the MCU.  Not all the way over to the goofiness of AoS or the movies, just a touch lighter so that we can really connect with the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.