Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: What's On The Carrier Second Guess

The other day I wrote a post about what the "real" S.H.I.E.L.D. was carrying on their ship that was so vital to keep out of the hands of Hydra.  The last episode served to reinforce how important the secret cargo is, as Coulson made sure to let Gonazales know that he is aware of what it is.  Of course, I think now that I was wrong on my initial guess about what the cargo is.



My first guess was that the ship was carrying the A.I. that would become Ultron in its servers.  I thought this was the real reason that Bobbi was instructed to destroy the servers.  However, if this was the case I think they would have had to reveal it this week.  Age of Ultron opens this week, and the AoS tie in has already happened.  So now I am going to take a chance and put out my second guess.  We'll find out in the next two weeks if this one is any better.

We learned earlier in the season that there are more obelisks like the one that transformed Skye and Raina.  We also learned that they are missing.  My new guess is that Gonzales has these obelisks.  I have felt for a while that there will be a terrigen bomb that transforms a large segment of humanity into powered people.  I think this will be one of the events that leads up to Civil War.  I had thought that this might happen in Age of Ultron.  Now I think maybe this will happen on AoS.

This season has shown that they are willing to develop major story points in the MCU on this show (Inhumans).  How amazing would it be if something that happened on this show changed the direction of the MCU, and initiated Civil War?  I don't really know how plausible this scenario is, but I think it would be awesome if this is how it plays out. Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.