Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, #2)Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a big improvement from the first book. The story felt more important. The characters felt more fleshed out. I still feel like the author takes the easy way out by just insisting that the Nightside is a scary place, but not ever really showing why. It doesn't come off as being as scary as some cities I've been to. But he is starting to slowly develop this world and these characters. It was also nice to see John do a couple of things that show he earned his reputation, because in the first book I really could not understand why everyone was so intimidated by him. Here's hoping that each book is as much better than the last as this one was.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.